Copyright © Pour a Little Sugar
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Tale of Gajah Tujuh Koto

image from carylane.net

Once upon a time, there was a tiny baby elephant that got lost from the forest and landed somewhere in the small village of Tujuh Koto, Jambi. A man named Hambali, who's happen to be my dad, served as subdistrict head at that particular time. So he captured the elephant, took care of it and named him Tujuh Koto.

I remember him only indistinctly, standing alone in a yard. They put a cuff around his leg attached to a big chain and tied it to a tree. I came to see that poor little elephant several times with my dad and my little sister. But then they moved it to a zoo in the city.

When I was in college, I told my friends that my father once captured an elephant back in our hometown and they laughed their ass off. In their imagination, I lived in a secluded island that I need to travel miles away through fire and water just to see my neighbour. Then I like, do'oh!

The end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment