Copyright © Pour a Little Sugar
Design by Dzignine
Monday, January 10, 2011

'The Tourist' (2010): Just Another Pretty Faces

No Fear of Heights 
Song by Katie Melua

I never walked near the edge
Used to fear falling
I never swam far from shore
Never tried the secret door
But when you give me love
When you give me love

I have no fear of heights,
No fear of the deep blue sea,
Although it could drown me
I know it could drown me

I didn’t wander in the woods
Used to fear the darkness
I didn’t like getting deep
I was scared of what I couldn’t keep
But when you give me love
When you give me love

I have no fear of heights,
No fear of the deep blue sea,
Although it could drown me
I know it could drown me
No fear of the fall
No fear if it’s with you that I fall
‘cause nothing could break us,
No nothing could break us, now




I wish I could write something as romantic as this one above. But I just couldn't. Well, it's obviously because I've never met someone who could make feel that way. I've never met a guy with whom I won't fear of falling.

This song, I first time hear it when I watched 'The Tourist' (2010), an action-comedy flick directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck. It's from the scene when Angelina Jolie dropped Johnny Depp in the dock. Not my favourite movie after all. But I really like the ending tho. I think it's a bit unpredictable, in a confusing way.

Jolie, as charming as usual, portrayed Elise, an elegant yet mysterious woman, who seduce one shy American tourist, Frank Tupelo (Depp), whom she met on a train trip to Italy. This poor man fell head over heels for her. But Elise just using him so she could find her long lost lover, Alexander Pearce, who's on the run.

She trapped Tupelo into a false-identity scam to keep interpol off the track of her boyfriend. What a cruel woman, eh? Anyway, as the story goes, Elise realized that she had fallen for Tupelo. And then, you can watch the rest of the movie by your self.

Beautiful sceneries, pretty faces, amazing clothes, flawless makeup, tolerable story. All in all, it's a moderate action-comedy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment