Copyright © Pour a Little Sugar
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Me and the Matchmakers



I used to laugh my ass off every time anyone trying to match me up with someone. My big sister and her now husband and some of my best friends, they've always had this sometimes annoying initiative to introduce me to someone, whom they think would meet my approval. But most time, their missions ended up with failures.

In some cases, I didn't like the guy. Or if I did like the guy, he didn't like me back. And he turned out to be a jerk. And I'd be so pissed that I would happily punch him on the face if I bumped into him on a street.



But, as I get older, I'm starting to think that matchmaking thing as an option. That's most likely what will happen to you when your mother starts to talk the talk. You know 'the talk', right? It's a kind of conversation you're having with your mom, as she saw all of your friends get married, and you're the only single lady left in a room full of happy couples.

You tell her that you still enjoying it. You just love going solo. And you know that you're okay. But, hell, when people pressing you by constantly asking about your boyfriend, you get tired. And you begin to questioning your self.

What is so wrong with you that no one seems to understand your decision to be single? Or, what is so wrong with you that the only guy you put your heart on to, doesn't even seem to give a 'lil damn about you?

So, what I'm trying to say here, it's perfectly okay for us to choose to going our way. To be single and do whatever we wanna do freely. But, it's also okay for you to ask your friends to match you up with several potential boyfriends, for the sake of your mother :p

2 comments:

  1. huahahaha..
    lucky me, i guess, my mom rarely ask me to do, you know, "the talk" with her..
    she's far more interested on how i'm gonna get the scholarship that i've been fancied..
    my aunts that often ask about it..and i was like, "demijigongtrenggiling, i don't wanna know about ur children love life, never asked anything about it..neither does my mother..so, stfu, will ya?" *in my head, of course

    well, i guess i'm not that lucky, eh? *bitter laugh with straight face :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, you are one lucky lady. in a way or so :p

    ReplyDelete